A hyper back it is very easy to do. You just follow this steps;
- Click on the menu button
- The old backup button called “Backup and Restore” has been replaced by “Hyper Backup”. Click on it:
and you will see they new backup possibilities:
4. Click on the plus button at the lower left hand corner and click on ” Data back up task”:
Click on remote synolgy NAS:
and then just fill in the details for your remote synology:
- Server name: xxx.synology.me
- Trasnfer encryption: on
- Port: You need to open poer 6281 in your router
- Username: the username of your remote synology
- Password: the password of your remote synology
- Shared folder: pick a shared folder from your remote synology
and then pick the services and folders you want to back and the periodicity and you are done!!
Cons of hyper backup
The issues with the hyper back is that the file is encrypted and you wont be able to easily access the contents of it. You will need a special program and it doesnt make it convenient if you want to quickly access your files.
Better ways to back up your data?
In this blog post I show a better way to back up your data, so you can access the files: