You need to configure DDNS if you want to access your Synology NAS DS713+ on the internet without remembering your IP address.
You can afterwards map your own domain name to your DDNS name to access your synology with it and if you do that, you will be able to secure your synology with a Lets encrypt certificate (Https connections).
Ok, let’s get started:
It is very simple and can be explained in a few simple steps:
2. On “Network services” click on DDNS:
The rest of the steps are the same.
3. Click on “Add”:
4. Click on “Enable DDNS” , select Synology or any other provider of your choice and “Register Now”:
5. Click on “Create a Synology account”, add your email and the password you want for this account, click on the terms of services and ok:
6. Click on “Test Connection” and you will see Normal in green text at the bottom, click ok:
7. If everything was done correctly you will see your DDNS account in the list:
And you can now proceed with the next steps on how to access your Synology on the internet.