Did you forget your Admin password for your Synology? No problem, you can reset your unit to set a new one.
When you reset the admin password, the following will also be reset on models with DSM 2.2-0941 and onward:
- Admin password will be blank.
- Guest account will be disabled.
- DHCP will be enabled on IP, DNS, Gateway, and other network interfaces.
- JumboFrames will be disabled, and MTU will be set at 1500.
- Management Port will be reset to 5000/5001.
- PPPoE will be reset to default.
- IP auto-block will be disabled. The blocked IP addresses will not be erased.
- Link Aggregation will be disabled.
- Firewall rules will be disabled. The rules will not be erased.
Reset your password
Locate the reset button and using a paper clip, press and hold for 4 seconds until you hear a BEEP.
NOTE: If you press and hold continuously, the operating system will be restored!
Launch the Synology Assistant and double-click your synology to login.
By default the synology has:
Password: blank (that is, no password)
and once you have logged in you can change your admin password again.
Quickconnect uses the same password as your admin account. So, if you forqet your Quickconnect password/admin password, you can reset your synology to get a new one.
Dont forget to enable the other services like IP autoblock when you do this.