To be able to access your Synology NAS DS713+ on the internet or use the Synology packages, you need to open some ports on your router.
I own a D-Link router, so I will show how to do it there.
1. First you need to access the admin page of the router. For D Link type: 192.168.0.1 in your browser and type your log in credentials:
You need to know which ports to open for your specific package, so look for the complete list of ports provided by Synology. For simplicity, in this tutorial we will open only the ports need for WebDAV, File Station and Webservices. The same steps apply for the other ports.
2. Click on “Advance” and “Port Forwarding”:
3. You will need to add for every port:
- Name: Give a name for the application, ex. Web Station
- TCP: The port you want to open
- IP address: If you select your NAS name in the “computer name” dropdown, it will fill it for you.
4. Repeat this for every port and save.