It is very simple to manually install wordpress in your Synology wordpress DS713+. You will need to install a few things in your synology before you can proceed
1. First you need to activate the web services if you haven’t done it yet. If you have done this correctly you will see a new folder called “web” in your “File station” .
2. You need to set up the User home functionality
3. The next step is to install phpMyAdmin in your DS713+. That will install a web tool to administrate your SQL database.
4. Access your web folder and create a new folder within:
- NOTE: It is very important to decide the final before you name your folder:
The name you give to your web folder will be the name used to access your site
This means, that if you name your folder, wpTutorial, like I will do for this demonstration, the URL used by your visitors will be (in this case): http://trantor.synology.me/wpTutorial
Manually install wordpress in your Synology DS713+
6. Now you need to download from wordpress site the latest version of the software and save it in your computer. Unpack the zip file, I use jZip because it is free, and load the files that you will find in the downloaded wordpress file inside the wpTutorial folder. You don’t need an Ftp software to do this, upload the files from File Station:
7. Your file station will look like this after you have downloaded the files:
8. Create your wordpress database with phpMyAdmin. Log in using the instuctions at the botton of a this post and click on database:
9. And create a database. I have called mine “wpTutorial” and exit the application:
10. Back to your browser and type (substitute “trantor” for the domain name of your nas server and “wpTutorial for the name of the folder you just created under web): http://trantor.synology.me/wpTutorial/wp-admin/setup-config.php and you will be welcomed to wordpress setup page.
11. Now you need to configure your database:
12. Follow the instructions and click run install. You will be prompted with a Welcome screen, fill it as follows:
13. Congratulations, you have now installed your wordpress site. Log in using the credentials you just created and enjoy! Here is the link to my new created wpTutorial. To reach the administration panel you have to add wp-admin to the URL:
You probably want to start blogging right away, but there are some settings that are recommended before you start writing content.
If for some reason, you still have problems, check out this video by Fanny Carle. It is in French, but it will help anyway.